RSS Feed

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just Some Observations

Seek and Destroy by Metallica appearing on my shuffle before every exam must mean something

Earbuds and iPods make me feel like my life has a soundtrack

Disco music succeeds in making me dance

Death Proof was a better movie than Transformers 2

Roger Ebert is not a complete dick and is now a person to me on top of being a great writer

Movies are even more awesome than I previously thought

I can visualize every scene from The Matrix with just the audio

Classic movies are short, force romance, and expect you to bypass proper characterization

Characters, not the plot, make you cry

Apparently the telling me you haven’t seen Gladiator will make my eyes water

I like being in the presence of people, even if I’m sitting by myself

No one notices you near as much as you think (for better or for worse)

Being noticed is usually pretty nice, if rare

I notice most people, but rarely remember more than a few

Everyone wants to be noticed

Bad accents can crush attraction

A cute smile on a pretty face will never fail to win my attention

Musical capabilities are pretty darn sexy

Hot, cute, and just plain gorgeous are all very different

Joy is a mindset

I can finally catch myself falling into old habits (wc?) and get a good laugh out of it

I’m scared that I don’t have what it takes to make a relationship work

I have no idea what I want in a girl

There’s no reason to be afraid of words

Love is just another word

Motive, purpose, point, and reason mean everything

Trying to straddle the line between faith and reason is maddening

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Olive. This is both quirky and insightful and I like it. I like it a lot.

    I didn't realize how much it meant for people to notice me. It has been kind of strange going from one of 72 to one of 1800. However, I wouldn't change it for anything.

    Was this the post you deleted or am I still missing out?

    ReplyDelete